Our Family Advice Workers support parent carers on an individual basis helping them to prioritise the issues relating to their family.
They provide practical support to parents for example:
- We can help parents prepare for meetings to help them focus on the outcomes they want for their family.
- We help some families write down their parental advice for review meetings about their children.
- We support parents at meetings and act as a prompt when they forget things they wanted to say.
- We contact professionals on behalf of parents to follow up actions agreed at meetings.
- We give advice about suitable benefits, grants and concessions families may be able access and refer on to specialist services where appropriate.
- We work across agency boundaries.
- We deliver training.
How we helped achieve positive outcomes for one family
How we helped achieve positive outcomes for Mr and Mrs B. Read More…