Important Infomation about changes at NSNN
Northeast Special Needs Network (NSNN) and Skills for People have now become one organisation.
Skills for People’s Family Advice and Support team will continue to support families with disabled children/young people (from birth to 25 years) by providing information, advice, support and training.
These resources will be hosted here until the launch of the new Skills for People website.
Family Advice and Support Publications
We produce a range of booklets and factsheets which provide good quality information to parents/carers.
The information in these publications is good starting place to begin discovering and understanding the services and facilities available for you and your young person and where more support can be found.
Our publications are available as pdf documents at the links below:
- ADHD – Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Education in Newcastle
- Access Fund sample form
- Carers Wellbeing Fund sample form
- Chronicle Sunshine Fund sample form
- Family Fund sample form
- Health Services
- SRE – Sex and Relationship Education
- Transition – Preparing for Adulthood
- Transport in Tyne & Wear
- Adult Social Care Assessments
- Care Act 2014 Summary
- Children and Families Act 2014
- Condition Specific Information
- Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment Timeline
- Education, Health and Care Plan Annual Review Guidance
- Housing Options
- How to submit your parental views for EHCP
- How to manage meetings and appointments
- Managing Money
- Parent/Carer Support in Newcastle
- Sibling Support
- What is an Education, Health and Care Plan Annual Review
You can also request a copy by contacting us on 0191 281 8737 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org